Your Next IT Job is in Public Education
Rewarding IT Careers in Public Education
Skilled computing and information technology professionals are highly sought-after in BC Education. Help desk technicians, computer technicians, and network support specialists are in-demand across the province.
School district employers in Metro Vancouver, Kelowna, Abbotsford, and Kootenay regions are all hiring.
They are looking for individuals with post-secondary credentials in computer information systems or an equivalent program.
Wages for IT staff in schools starts at approximately $24/hr plus benefits. Compensation varies from district to district depending on the depth of work and qualifications required to perform the role.
School Districts like Abbotsford are looking for skilled IT professionals, and they willing to offer a “competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits package” to recruit them.
The role of IT varies between school district employers. In general, they support and maintain the school district’s hardware, software, VOIP, and information systems. Moreover, they provide technical support and training for district and teaching staff.
Full-Time Computing and Information Technology Jobs Opportunities in BC Schools
The following is a list of current employment opportunities in BC schools as of September 2014.
- Help Desk Technician, Information Technology
School District #45 (West Vancouver)
- SS-2014-28 – Network and Software Support Specialist
School District #39 (Vancouver)
- IT – Unified Communications and Messaging Architect
School District #8 (Kootenay Lake)
- Casual Information Technology Technicians – Nelson Family of Schools
- Casual Information Technology Technicians – Creston Family of School
School District #23 (Central Okanagan)
- Computer Technician – Data Centre
- Computer Technician- Hardware/Software
School District #34 (Abbotsford)
- Learning and Information Technology Manager
Search for the latest computing and information technology jobs on Makeafuture.ca.